Statewide Mask Mandate ends Monday, April 3
To coincide with the end of Washington’s statewide mask mandate in health care settings, we at Bellingham Physical Therapy are updating our policy. Nothing is more important than the health and safety or our team members and patients. Masks have been instrumental in allowing us to remain open and to safely provide care to our patients throughout the duration of the COVID-19 pandemic. As we are navigating the transition from public health emergency to living with endemic COVID as part of daily life, we recognize there are many benefits of allowing patients and staff to abstain from wearing masks, including breathing more easily during exercise and enhanced nonverbal communication.
In accordance with guidance provided by Washington State Department of Health, masking will now be optional for all patients and staff at Bellingham Physical Therapy, except for the following situations:
- Many of our staff members may continue to wear masks and will be supported in doing so.
- Clinicians and staff are happy to accommodate any patient who would like masks to be worn during their appointment.
- We will also ask anyone who has a cough or any residual symptoms from illness to wear a mask.
- To keep everyone safe and healthy, we ask anyone with symptoms of an active illness to opt for a telehealth appointment, or to reschedule their appointment.
- We ask that anyone who has recovered from COVID-19 infection to abstain from attending in person physical therapy for at least 5 days or symptoms are significantly improved, and to wear a mask for at least 10 days following their positive test.
Keeping Everyone Safe
We will continue to practice handwashing and ask patients and visitors to do the same. Our vigorous cleaning and sanitizing practices will continue. If you would like to wear a mask, please do. If you would like us to wear a mask during your visit, we will be happy to. We will monitor conditions in our community, the health of our patients and staff, and health department guidelines, and adjust our policies accordingly. Please check back here for any updates.
We look forward to seeing your faces!